- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, halved
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 18 potato dinner rolls
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion until translucent, 6-8 minutes; add garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add ground beef; cook, crumbling meat, until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove meat; drain excess fat.
- Return meat to skillet. Add next 10 ingredients. Stir over medium heat until well blended. Reduce heat; simmer until sauce has thickened, 10-15 minutes.
- Toast rolls. Spoon beef mixture on each roll (they may be juicy). Serve immediately. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forPicadillo Sliders
"I usually serve picadillo over rice. I really like the creativity of putting the mixture on sliders!"
"There are lots of different flavors in this recipe. It reminds me of a gourmet sloppy joe. I was skeptical of the raisins and olives - I like both - but it sounded unusual. They were actually good together but could easily be omitted. The one thing I will do different next time is remove the cinnamon! The cinnamon did not go with the rest of the ingredients."