- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 4 cups coleslaw mix (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 24 sheets phyllo dough, (14 inches x 9 inches)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- Sweet-and-sour sauce and/or hot mustard, optional
- Crumble turkey into a large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the coleslaw mix, onions, soy sauce, garlic, five-spice powder and ginger. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until coleslaw is wilted. Remove from the heat.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface with a long side facing you; spritz with butter spray and brush to evenly distribute. Repeat with two more sheets of phyllo, spritzing and brushing each layer. (Keep remaining phyllo dough covered with waxed paper to avoid drying out.)
- Cut the stack widthwise into two 14x4-1/2-in. strips. Place 1/4 cup of turkey mixture along one short side of each rectangle. Fold in long sides; starting at the filling edge, roll up tightly. Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheets. Spritz top with butter spray. Repeat with remaining phyllo and filling.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes, then broil 6 in. from the heat for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with sweet-and-sour sauce and/or mustard if desired. Yield: 16 egg rolls.
Reviews forPhyllo Turkey Egg Rolls
"These sound wonderful."