These steaks sandwiches are hearty enough to serve for dinner as well as lunch. The beef broth used for "dunking" adds an extra-special touch.—Sheryl Christian, Watertown, Wisconsin
Recommended: Our Most Over-the-Top Recipes Ever
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked roast beef
- 6 hoagie rolls, split
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 cups water
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and green pepper in butter until tender. Divide beef among rolls. Top with vegetables and cheese; replace roll tops.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine bouillon and water; cook until heated through. Serve as a dipping sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Philly Steak Sandwiches in Country Woman January/February 1996, p37
Reviews forPhilly Steak Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2014
"So good! And easy to cut in half for me and my hubby! Going to make these again really soon!"