Philly Cheesesteak Bites
Here’s a deliciously downsized version of the ever-popular Philly cheesesteak. For perfect bite-size snacks, the sandwich ingredients are layered on waffle-cut fries instead of buns.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen waffle-cut fries
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 small green pepper, halved and sliced
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, halved and sliced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 pound beef ribeye steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 6 tablespoons process cheese sauce
- Bake 18 large waffle fries according to package directions (save remaining fries for another use). Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute steak in remaining oil in batches for 45-60 seconds or until desired doneness. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. On each waffle fry, layer the beef, onion mixture, ketchup and cheese sauce. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 106 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Mini Philly Cheeseteaks in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013