Pheasant Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot or 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 boneless skinless pheasant breast (about 3/4 pound), cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup each julienned carrots, celery and onion
- 1 cup frozen snow peas
- Hot cooked white or wild rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, cornstarch, ginger and bouillon. Add water; set aside. In a skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry pheasant in 1 tablespoon of oil until no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Add remaining oil to pan. Stir-fry broccoli and carrots for 2 minutes. Add celery, onion and peas; stir-fry until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4-5 minutes. Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return meat to pan and heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pheasant Stir-Fry
"You can never have enough pheasant recipes, this is a great one!"
"I've never reviewed a recipe before, and registered just to be able to review this one. Thank you so much Darlene!!! This was the best pheasant I ever ate, and maybe even the best stir fry, period. Marvelous!!! Thank you!!!"