Petite Sticky Buns
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 3 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about an hour.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir topping ingredients until butter is melted. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls into 24 well-greased muffin cups.
- Stir dough down. Fill prepared muffin cups half full. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Place muffin cups on foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before inverting onto baking sheets. Transfer to serving platters. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 210 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 4, 2014
I'm going to try these but ... what are muffin cups? Is that a reference to a muffin baking pan, or paper cupcake cups?
Mar 21, 2012
Excellent all the way around---easy to prepare, smell so good while baking and taste wonderful!
Dec 16, 2009
it looks really good!! just like what my grandma makes!!
Aug 10, 2009
super fast,easy,and wonderful