VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (1 pound)
- SAVORY MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce and mustard; rub over roast.
- In a shallow bowl, combine fennel and caraway seeds; coat roast with roast. Cover; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the mustard, cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in corn syrup and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Petite Pork Roast in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p51