Petite Pineapple Coconut Cakes
Defy wintry weather and transport your guests to the tropics with these beautiful, single-serving confections. Cake mix never tasted so good!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cake layer from Angel Cake Ball Pops
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons pineapple preserves
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- Cut cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a cutting board. Combine pineapple preserves and extract; set aside 3 tablespoons for frosting. Spread remaining pineapple over top of one layer. Top with remaining cake layer; cut cake into 9 squares.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and reserved pineapple mixture; fold in whipped cream. Spread over the top and sides of each square. Press coconut into top and sides. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cake: 601 calories, 36g fat (21g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Petite Pineapple Coconut Cakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.