Petite Pear Purses
The purses shaped from puff pastry make a lovely presentation. The bundles hold filled cinnamon-ginger pear filling. —Mary Cruz, Lancaster, California
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped peeled ripe pear
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried pineapple
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, cream and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine pear, pineapple, sugar, flour, ginger and cinnamon; stir in caramel mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll each sheet into a 13x12-in. rectangle. Trim two 1/2-in. strips from a long side of each rectangle. Cut each strip in half widthwise; set aside.
- Cut each pastry sheet into four squares; transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons pear mixture into the center of each square. Bring two diagonal corners of pastry over filling and pinch together at point. Repeat with remaining two corners; then twist points together to form a purse.
- Roll pastry strips into ropes; wrap loosely around the neck of each purse, twisting to secure. Brush with egg. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 424 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.