Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 5 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, green pepper and fresh mushrooms
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and Italian seasoning. Drain noodles.
- Spread 1/4 cup meat sauce in a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Trim noodles to fit pan. Place two noodles over meat sauce; layer with a third of the cheese mixture, a third of the remaining meat sauce and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice, using noodle trimmings in top layer. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 856 calories, 36g fat (20g saturated fat), 247mg cholesterol, 1400mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 6g fiber), 59g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 6, 2014
Perfect size and taste. Used homemade meat sauce & reduced fat everything else so I cut out tons of fat. No one who tries it knows I've made it better for you?Shhhh don't tell them:)
Jun 3, 2014
husband and I loved perfect size for us very flavorful 5 stars
Jul 1, 2012
This was really good. It is nice to be able to have lasagna and not have to eat leftovers for a week.
May 2, 2008
Excellent and the perfect size for DH and I.Jenni