Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 5 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, green pepper and fresh mushrooms
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and Italian seasoning. Drain noodles.
- Spread 1/4 cup meat sauce in a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Trim noodles to fit pan. Place two noodles over meat sauce; layer with a third of the cheese mixture, a third of the remaining meat sauce and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice, using noodle trimmings in top layer. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 856 calories, 36g fat (20g saturated fat), 247mg cholesterol, 1400mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 6g fiber), 59g protein.
Oct 6, 2014
Perfect size and taste. Used homemade meat sauce & reduced fat everything else so I cut out tons of fat. No one who tries it knows I've made it better for you?Shhhh don't tell them:)
Jun 3, 2014
husband and I loved perfect size for us very flavorful 5 stars
Jul 1, 2012
This was really good. It is nice to be able to have lasagna and not have to eat leftovers for a week.
May 2, 2008
Excellent and the perfect size for DH and I.Jenni