Pesto Vermicelli with Scallops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter, garlic powder, oregano and pepper over medium heat. Add scallops and wine; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in pesto; heat through. Drain vermicelli; add to skillet. Toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 478 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 780mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Oct 20, 2019
Delicious! I used sun-dried tomato pesto...double what was called for. I also used whole grain pasta. Will absolutely make this again!
Jul 20, 2014
I will be adding another bag of scallops to make it more meaty next time. It was really good, everyone had seconds. It was nice and quick too. I put like a cup or more of pesto in mine.
Mar 24, 2014
This recipe was very quick and easy---also really delicious. After taking a couple of bites, I decided to add more pesto and a dash of salt. The extra pesto really jazzed it up. Will make again.