Enjoy a seafood dinner that tastes special but is so easy to make thanks to pesto prepared in advance. —Marilyn Lustgarten, Wentzville, Missouri
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter, garlic powder, oregano and pepper over medium heat. Add scallops and wine; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in pesto; heat through. Drain vermicelli; add to skillet. Toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Vermicelli with Scallops in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p53
Reviews forPesto Vermicelli with Scallops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2014
"I will be adding another bag of scallops to make it more meaty next time. It was really good, everyone had seconds. It was nice and quick too. I put like a cup or more of pesto in mine."