- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Cut the top fourth off loaf of bread. Carefully hollow out the bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. (Discard removed bread or save for another use.) Spread pesto on the inside of top and bottom of bread. Set top aside.
- In bottom of bread, layer the turkey, cheese, zucchini, tomatoes and onion. Gently press the layers together. Replace bread top and wrap tightly in foil. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPesto-Turkey Layered Loaf
"Thanks for sharing your recipe...I just made it last night to take to share with my Bunco group and everybody LOVED it!! I will definitely make this very tasty and easy sandwich! Just wanted to tell you that I used tomato pesto (because that is what I had on hand) and it was incredible!! BTW, I live in YL too!!"
"This is a now a family favorite! It is easy and the directions and times are right on target. Very good mix of flavors."
"This is a fabulous recipe! My husband loves it and asks for it often...especially during the summer. It travels well, is filling and so yummy! Enjoy! We sure do..."
"made one for dinner; then again for a picnic-both times they were devoured!"