Pesto Tuna Melts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) tuna
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices (1 ounce each) part-skim mozzarella cheese, halved
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and broil 2 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Combine pesto and mayonnaise; spread over toasted bread. Top with tomato, tuna, pepper and cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 329 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 613mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 19, 2009
I absolutely love this idea. I make open-faced tuna sandwiches for my family also but never thought of mixing pesto (a favorite of ours) with the mayo! I can't wait to try this.