- 9 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound deveined peeled cooked medium shrimp
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding shrimp during the last minute. Meanwhile, in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, combine the asparagus, squash and carrots. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with lemon-pepper and salt. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once.
- Drain linguine and shrimp; transfer to a serving bowl. Add the vegetable mixture and pesto; toss gently. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and walnuts if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPesto Shrimp Pasta Toss
"We thought this was pretty good, but not amazing. I had to cook the veggies a little longer to make sure the carrots were actually done, but by that time the asparagus & squash were a bit mushy. Next time I'll cook them separately. The lemon pepper seasoning I had already had a lot of salt in it, so I didn't use quite as much salt. Then even after that I didn't use all of that on top of the veggies. I was afraid it would be overpowering. Unfortunately I think I should have used all of the seasoning on the veggies, because I couldn't take any lemon pepper in the end. Because I didn't have cooked shrimp, I peeled and deveined uncooked shrimp and sauteed them with some garlic in a little butter. This was a decent meal, but not my favorite. I'd probably try it again with some tweaks to get the veggies right."
"Delicious. I used 8 oz. angelhair."
"This is so easy and so delicious! A must try!"
"This recipe is a fav at our home. I have also substituted other veggies that I have on hand to make it more to what our kids enjoy."
"I made this last night and my husband and I were very disappointed. We love every ingredient that it calls for, followed directions exactly, etc. throwing shrimp in boiling water left them with absolutely no flavor and the consistency of the pasta wasalso tasteless. This recipe has no flavor at all. We even sprinkled some cayenne on to give it a kick, but that didn't work, either. I won't be making this again."
"Fantastic dish! This was a favorite at the potluck I had."
"This is a very good recipe. I used chicken instead of shrimp because I am not a big fan of fish. It was very tasty. The walnuts give it a little crunch. I will definately make this again."
"There are many recipes in your new Italian magazine that I want to try but this one caught my eye first. Wow! Fantastic flavor and easy to make! I made it according to the recipe but may add mushrooms next time.. excellent as is though!"
"This recipe is absolutely fantastic. We loved the toasted walnuts--definitely an extra-special touch. I'm sending this to my daughter, who LOVES pesto!"
"This was a hit with my family. My husband wants this on the menu once a week. It was easy to make and delious to eat."