Pesto Shrimp and Artichoke Linguine
In our home, holiday indulgence is all about pesto shrimp! This is our go-to dish for both Christmas Eve and Easter brunch. It also makes a wonderful appetizer before a prime rib dinner. For a pop of color, I sometimes add lightly sauteed diced red pepper. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Small fresh basil leaves, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat cream just to simmering. Stir in Parmesan cheese, artichokes, pesto and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until thickened, 6-8 minutes. Add shrimp; cook until shrimp turn pink, 5-7 minutes. Drain linguine; serve with sauce. If desired, top with basil leaves and additional Parmesan cheese.