Pesto Sausage Pizza Makeover
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16x11-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Build up edges slightly.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and pesto until blended. Spread over dough. Layer with spaghetti sauce, sausage mixture, mushrooms, olives and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 297 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 533mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 7, 2018
I made almost as written except: added 2 minced cloves of garlic to the mushroom saute, used leftover homemade spaghetti sauce that I had in the freezer and added the parm to that sauce that was simmering to thicken. I also bought hot Italian sausage. GOOD, but very heavy with all the layers. I could only eat one piece but then i guess that was one serving.
May 15, 2015
A family favorite..although we do change up the toppings but the basic premise is yummy , cream cheese and pesto