- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16x11-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Build up edges slightly.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and pesto until blended. Spread over dough. Layer with spaghetti sauce, sausage mixture, mushrooms, olives and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 slices.
Reviews forPesto Sausage Pizza Makeover
"I made almost as written except: added 2 minced cloves of garlic to the mushroom saute, used leftover homemade spaghetti sauce that I had in the freezer and added the parm to that sauce that was simmering to thicken. I also bought hot Italian sausage. GOOD, but very heavy with all the layers. I could only eat one piece but then i guess that was one serving."
"A family favorite..although we do change up the toppings but the basic premise is yummy , cream cheese and pesto"