A flavorful pesto helps keep the fish moist, and toasted bread crumbs give the entree a nice finishing touch. “I like to use fresh basil from the garden for this easy dish,” notes Lee Bremson of Kansas City, Missouri.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 slice bread
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh parsley
- 2-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash salt
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- For pesto, tear bread into pieces; place in a miniature food processor. Pulse until fine crumbs form. Set aside 1 tablespoon. To the remaining bread crumbs, add the basil, parsley, oil, pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until finely chopped.
- Place salmon on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spread with pesto. Sprinkle with reserved bread crumbs. Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and crumbs are lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 406 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.