A flavorful pesto helps keep the fish moist, and toasted bread crumbs give the entree a nice finishing touch. “I like to use fresh basil from the garden for this easy dish,” notes Lee Bremson of Kansas City, Missouri.
Recommended: Easy Fish Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 slice bread
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh parsley
- 2-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash salt
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- For pesto, tear bread into pieces; place in a miniature food processor. Pulse until fine crumbs form. Set aside 1 tablespoon. To the remaining bread crumbs, add the basil, parsley, oil, pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until finely chopped.
- Place salmon on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spread with pesto. Sprinkle with reserved bread crumbs. Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and crumbs are lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Salmon in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p59