Pesto Rice-Stuffed Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2/3 cup cooked wild rice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a food processor, combine the basil, parsley, pecans and garlic; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; add the rice, cheeses, oil and chili sauce.
- Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone. Sprinkle chops with lemon-pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in butter; cool for 5 minutes. Fill with rice mixture; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 463 calories, 30g fat (9g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein.
Sep 24, 2013
Have made them many times and enjoy the combination of flavors. When I am in a hurry, I use homemade pesto I've frozen previously or store bought in the jar. I just add the chili sauce and cream cheese to that. I also substitute Uncle Ben's quick cooking wild rice mix for the wild rice. We usually have garlic pepper on hand, so I use that in place of lemon pepper on occasion as well.
Feb 18, 2010
We liked these chop. i would add a just little salt to the top of the chop
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.