- 1 package (1 pound) linguine
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup whole blanched almonds
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, for pesto, combine the basil, almonds and garlic in a blender or food processor; cover and process for 1 minute or until finely chopped. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Add the cheeses, salt and pepper; pulse until combined. Drain linguine; toss with pesto and roasted peppers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forPesto Red Pepper Pasta
"I can't believe this recipe has not been rated yet. I have been making it for several years and everyone loves it, including my four-year old grandson. Excellent"