- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches)
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. Remove and discard stems and gills from mushrooms. Place mushrooms, stem side up, on a greased baking sheet.
- Spoon pesto over mushrooms. Top with tomato slices and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPesto Portobello Pizzas
"I liked these but my husband did not, probably because it was meatless. I am keeping this recipe as this will make a nice quick lunch for myself."
"This simple recipe was delicious. I cooked mine on the grill over medium heat, for about 12 minutes."