Pesto Pizza Squares
Our Test Kitchen offers this alternative to traditional baked pizza. With pesto sauce, tomatoes, olives and fresh mushroom, it's a flavorful variation of the more common vegetable pizza.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh basil
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- Unroll crescent dough into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; press seams together and build up edges. Prick dough with a fork. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown; cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a food processor, combine the basil, parsley, cilantro, garlic, oil and Parmesan cheese; cover and puree until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; add sour cream and cream cheese. Spread over crust.
- Halve tomatoes lengthwise and thinly slice widthwise; arrange over basil mixture. Top with mushrooms and olives. Refrigerate until serving. Cut into bite-size squares.