- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion or chives
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper and garlic in butter until pepper is crisp-tender. Stir in cream; cook for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the walnuts, basil and onion; heat through. Drain tortellini; add to sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPesto Pepper Tortellini
"Very good and deliciius. Ignore the one star review, that person admitted they never even made it!"
"My husband and I greatly enjoy this dish!"
"This is fantastic!"
"Haven't tried this and wont. The calories, cholesterol, and the sodium levels are too high even for a basically healthy person."