Pesto Pepper Tortellini
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion or chives
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper in butter until pepper is crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream; cook for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add the walnuts, basil and onion; heat through. Drain tortellini; add to sauce and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 771 calories, 61g fat (35g saturated fat), 199mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Jul 17, 2014
Very good and deliciius. Ignore the one star review, that person admitted they never even made it!
Jun 5, 2013
My husband and I greatly enjoy this dish!
Apr 12, 2013
This is fantastic!
Nov 15, 2009
Haven't tried this and wont. The calories, cholesterol, and the sodium levels are too high even for a basically healthy person.