Pesto Parmesan Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (2 pounds, 16 slices)
- 1-1/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the Parmesan and pesto.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into a ball. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; brush with oil. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 143 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jan 5, 2013
I make this for almost every family gathering, everyone loves it!
Dec 10, 2010
This bread is so flavorful and easy to make! It is one recipe I return to again and again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.