- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- Flatten chicken slightly. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon pesto over chicken; top with mushrooms and olives.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPesto-Olive Chicken
"I think because my chicken was thicker it took longer to cook. The taste of the chicken with the topping was really good. However, the chicken itself is SO BLAND. I feel like it needs to be marinaded or something. Despite that, I'd still make this again, especially since it was so easy. I actually forgot the cheese on top but still enjoyed the topping!"
"A family favorite. All 11 of us enjoy this dish."
"I also used the fresh mushrooms, sauteed them a little bit before adding to the dish. It was very tasty!"
"This was not the least bit good. Would'nt even consider trying it again."
"This was wonderful! I used fresh mushrooms (sauteed for a little while before putting with the chicken), and used mozzarella instead of provolone because that's what I had on hand. It was just absolutely terrific! Great company meal, too. Thanks for sharing - it's a wonderful recipe."
"i've had this recipe for awhile, always meaning to make it. i'm sorry i waited so long! it was GREAT! everyone loved it even the kids. the only thing i did differently was that i used sliced provolone cheese and used fresh mushrooms. AWESOME! i will make this often!!!"
"I made this dish using 6 chicken breasts, 2 jars of mushrooms, only half a can of chopped olives, and sliced provolone. Next time I will use fresh mushrooms because we like them better. The sliced provolone worked great because I could just top each breast with one slice. This was extremely flavorful and only needed minor tweaks per our taste preference! I used the same amount of pesto the recipe called for."
"Loved it! Great combination of flavors.....thank you!!"
"This was so easy to make and tastes so good. We liked it so much I'm making it again tonight for book club"
"So simple, but it really has a great taste. Definitely will make again."