- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces each) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 8 slices marble rye bread or 4 Italian rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, steak sauce, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well. Shape into eight thin oval patties. Combine mozzarella and pesto. Spoon about 1/4 cup in center of four patties. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly to seal. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165°. Serve on bread with lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPesto-Mozzarella Turkey Burgers
"Delicious! I used beef (since that what I had on hand) and I mixed the cheese & pesto into the patty, since I'm not huge on stuffed burgers, overall, fantastic!"
"Loved this recipe, except I served them with thin hamburger buns. I will definitely be making these for company!"