- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in water, mixed vegetables, broth, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the tortellini, zucchini and pesto. Simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes longer or until pasta and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPesto Minestrone
"I loved it and thought it was absolutely delicious! I made it with the zucchini and enjoyed that, but I'd like to try a different vegetable next time. Any suggestions?"