Pesto Meat loaf Recipe
This is one of my favorite meat loaf recipes. The salsa gives it just the right amount of tang, and if you grow basil, the pesto is a tasty way to use it.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1. Place pesto ingredients in the order listed in a food processor or blender; cover and process on low speed until a paste forms.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the first six meat loaf ingredients; add pesto. Add beef and mix well. Press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until no pink remains, draining off fat when necessary. Let stand in pan for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 344 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Pesto Meat loaf
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC