Why settle for ordinary grilled cheese when this is so easy to fix? Pair the sandwiches with your favorite soup for a fast, satisfying meal. —Arlene Reagan, Limerick, Pennsylvania
- 8 slices walnut-raisin bread
- 3 to 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 8 slices provolone and mozzarella cheese blend
- 8 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Spread four slices of bread with pesto. Layer with cheese and tomato; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p52
Reviews for Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2012
"I made with cinnamon raisin bread and it was fantastic!"
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2012
"I made this with whole wheat bread. I also added sliced turkey and ham and then used my panini maker. It was very good."