Pesto-Goat Cheese Toasts
I came across this recipe years ago. Everyone who tries these little toasts absolutely loves them. The pesto is easy to find in the grocery store, and it blends beautifully with the tangy, creamy goat cheese. —Jennifer Kunz, Troy, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 16 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 log (11 ounces) fresh goat cheese, cut into 16 slices
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place bread slices on a baking sheet; top with cheese.
- Bake until cheese begins to brown and bread is toasted, 10-12 minutes. Top with pesto. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 74 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Goat Cheese Toasts in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.