Pesto Fish with Pine Nuts
I love fish and Italian flavors are my favorites. This recipe gives cod a little bit of a different treatment. —Valery Anderson, Sterling Heights, Michigan
- 2 envelopes pesto sauce mix, divided
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1. Prepare one envelope pesto sauce mix according to package directions; set aside. Sprinkle fillets with remaining pesto mix, patting to help adhere.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add fillets; cook until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts. Serve with pesto sauce.
1 fillet with scant 3 tablespoons pesto sauce: 560 calories, 39g fat (5g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1522mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC