Pesto Dip with Parmesan Toast
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes20 servings (2-1/2 cups dip)
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 jar (8.1 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place baguette slices on greased baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Turn slices over; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Broil 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pesto, garlic powder and remaining cheese. Serve with toast slices.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 341 calories, 27g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 419mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Aug 22, 2016
This is really good but it's also rich, thick, and salty. Next time I may cut back on the Parmesan a bit. But I'll definitely make this again. I had some leftover pesto from dinner and used this as a snack later that night, with pita chips.
Jan 2, 2016
I made two versions of this wonderful recipe.. the first one exactly as the directions indicated (but on crackers, not the toast), and for the second version, I added black pepper, Cajun seasoning and about 1/4 cup tiny diced pieces of dill pickle. Both were big hits at my New Year's Eve party.
Jul 10, 2011
AMAZING recipe that is so versatile-- but can be used so many ways! Thanks!
Mar 2, 2011
This is so delicious!!!!! I practically overdosed on this recipe the night I made it. My husband and 15 y.o. daughter loved it too. It would be great on a sandwich as well. Make this!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.