Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 3 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Place the bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Combine butter and garlic; spread over bread.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat or until lightly browned. Cool slightly. Spread pesto over butter mixture; top with tomatoes and cheese. Broil 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 170 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Oct 23, 2016
I was a bit disappointed in this recipe. Flavor was ok, a bit on the bland side. I have much better crostini and bruschetta recipes in my repertoire.
Apr 9, 2008
Is this the same Diane Kaplan I know? Marie Episale (Century 21 Crest Real Estate) ([email protected])Great Recipe. I'm going to try it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.