Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 3 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Place the bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Combine butter and garlic; spread over bread.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat or until lightly browned. Cool slightly. Spread pesto over butter mixture; top with tomatoes and cheese. Broil 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 170 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 23, 2016
I was a bit disappointed in this recipe. Flavor was ok, a bit on the bland side. I have much better crostini and bruschetta recipes in my repertoire.
Apr 9, 2008
Is this the same Diane Kaplan I know? Marie Episale (Century 21 Crest Real Estate) ([email protected])Great Recipe. I'm going to try it!