This recipe showcases the beautiful bounty of summer with its fresh corn, tomatoes and delicious basil. Prevent browning by placing plastic wrap directly on the salad or spritzing with lemon juice. —Deena Bowen, Chico, California
Recommended: 23 Recipes That Use Up Leftover Hard-Boiled Eggs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- In a pot of boiling water, cook corn until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse basil, oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt until blended.
- Cut corn from cob and place in a bowl. Stir in tomatoes, pepper and remaining salt. Add avocado and 2 tablespoons basil mixture; toss gently to combine.
- Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with remaining basil mixture. Grill, covered, over medium heat until shrimp turn pink, 2-4 minutes per side. Remove shrimp from skewers; serve with corn mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Corn Salad with Shrimp in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017