Pesto Chili Peanuts
Who’d ever dream of teaming pesto with peanuts? Dennis Dahlin from Bolingbrook, Illinois did! And the result is a can’t-stop-eating-‘em snack that’s salty, savory and sure to be in “hot” demand with friends and family. Just try it and see.
- 1 envelope pesto sauce mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 cups salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the pesto mix, oil, chili powder and cayenne. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add peanuts. Seal bag and shake to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes, stirring once. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
1/4 cup: 236 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Jul 10, 2011
Have made several times. They're fairly addicting.
Oct 30, 2009
These were good. A nice change from plain peanuts or snack mix
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC