Pesto Chili Peanuts
Who’d ever dream of teaming pesto with peanuts? Dennis Dahlin from Bolingbrook, Illinois did! And the result is a can’t-stop-eating-‘em snack that’s salty, savory and sure to be in “hot” demand with friends and family. Just try it and see.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 envelope pesto sauce mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 cups salted dry roasted peanuts
- In a small bowl, whisk the pesto mix, oil, chili powder and cayenne. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add peanuts. Seal bag and shake to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes, stirring once. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 236 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Pesto-Chili Peanuts in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007