Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Sandwiches are a teacher's lunchtime staple. The pesto and roasted peppers add a welcome twist to the traditional chicken salad.—Ellen Finger, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 6 romaine leaves
- 6 ciabatta rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the chicken, red peppers and celery; toss to coat. Serve on lettuce-lined rolls.