Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Sandwiches are a teacher's lunchtime staple. The pesto and roasted peppers add a welcome twist to the traditional chicken salad.—Ellen Finger, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 6 romaine leaves
- 6 ciabatta rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the chicken, red peppers and celery; toss to coat. Serve on lettuce-lined rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 636 calories, 24g fat (5g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1047mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwiches in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.