Pesto Chicken Pizzas
These quick-fix "pizzas" make a great meal or after-school snack, says Brigitte Raven from Greenfield, Indiana. She spreads tortillas with a cilantro pesto, then tops them with chicken, cheese, tomatoes and olives.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- For pesto, in a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process until blended. While processing, add oil in a steady stream.
- Place tortillas on two ungreased baking sheets. Spread each with about 1 tablespoon pesto. Sprinkle with chicken, tomatoes, olives and cheese. Bake at 450° for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 299 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 531mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Pesto Chicken Pizzas in Taste of Home June/July 2002