These quick-fix "pizzas" make a great meal or after-school snack, says Brigitte Raven from Greenfield, Indiana. She spreads tortillas with a cilantro pesto, then tops them with chicken, cheese, tomatoes and olives.
Recommended: Our All-Time Best Pizzas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- For pesto, in a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process until blended. While processing, add oil in a steady stream.
- Place tortillas on two ungreased baking sheets. Spread each with about 1 tablespoon pesto. Sprinkle with chicken, tomatoes, olives and cheese. Bake at 450° for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Chicken Pizzas in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p41