- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 each small green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Beat in 1 cup flour, 1 tablespoon oil, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the remaining flour; beat until combined.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken, onion, peppers and mushrooms in remaining oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Punch dough down; roll into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to a 14-in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly. Spread with pesto. Top with chicken mixture and cheese. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt.
Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until crust and cheese are lightly browned.
Freeze option: Bake pizza crust as directed; cool. Top with all the ingredients as directed and securely wrap and freeze unbaked pizza. To use, unwrap pizza; bake as directed, increasing time as necessary. Yield: 8 slices.
Reviews forPesto Chicken Pizza
"Wonderful! I am a pizza lover esp homemade and love to cook. Everyone raved about it. If you haven't tried the Artisan Fresh pesto from SAMs Club, try it, like homemade. In refrigerator section by cheeses. Can freeze leftover sauce if needed."
"I love chicken pizzas and this recipe was a winner! Although I always find homemade crusts to be labor-intensive, so sometimes I take a shortcut and get store-bought. Here is another really good chicken pizza recipe that I've made in the past: http://perdueyummersummer.com/recipes/easy-bbq-chicken-pizza/31/"
"Delicious! I didn't have mushrooms, & I added caramelized onions - fantastic!"
"This pizza is the bomb!! We love this pizza. I add yellow & green zucchini to mine."
"My husband said it was the best pizza we've had!"
"This was the best pizza I ever made."
"It was not bad but little bit blind and the crust was dry and the edges are very hard."
"Amazingly good! This is a keeper!"