Pesto Chicken Penne Recipe
A convenient pesto sauce mix provides the pleasant basil flavor in this simple chicken and pasta combination from Beth Martin Sine of Faulkner, Maryland. This entree requires little effort, yet seems elegant.
- 8 ounces penne or any medium pasta
- 1 envelope pesto sauce mix
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, whisk the pesto mix, milk and oil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add chicken; heat through. Drain pasta. Add to the sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Pesto Chicken Penne
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2013
"My family loved this. I see it becoming a norm at my house"
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2010
"Really good! easy."
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2010
"Family favorite - especially of the teenagers. We have it twice monthly and double the recipe."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC