Pesto Chicken Mostaccioli
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes2 casseroles (5 servings each)
- 1 package (16 ounces) mostaccioli
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen breaded chicken tenders
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Cook mostaccioli and chicken according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cheddar cheese, sour cream, ricotta, pesto, cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Chop chicken tenders and drain mostaccioli; add to cheese mixture. Toss to coat. Transfer to two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes (dishes will be full). Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 921 calories, 59g fat (32g saturated fat), 177mg cholesterol, 963mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 38g protein.
May 3, 2014
My neighbor brought one of her casseroles over to us....WOW this was great. I've added it to my recipe box
Jul 9, 2012
I can't believe this is a contest winning recipe! Disgustingly gross! The concept is good, but needs to be changed to include real food. I agree with using regular chicken rather than the horribly unhealthy frozen breaded chicken nuggets. It's not even cost effective. Prepared foods are far more expensive not to mention unhealthy when compared to unprepared foods. Only the use of bread crumbs rather than potato chips keeps it out of the running for the next trailer trash cookbook.
Mar 1, 2012
This sounded good until I looked at the ingredients, Yikes! I have to watch my cholesterol- way too much fat! Will not make this, its just fatty and sloppy cooking.
Dec 20, 2011
Too much pesto. May try again and cut back the amount of pesto
Nov 8, 2011
Loved it but made the change of regular poached chicken breast instead of breaded. thanks for the recipe
Sep 16, 2011
I made this recipe with a few changes to make it fewer calories: Milk in place of heavy whipping cream, reduced fat sour cream, skim milk ricotta cheese, and I omitted the butter on top. It was delicious!
Aug 9, 2011
This is a heart attack waiting to happen.!! --Madeline
Aug 8, 2011
This is a heart attack on speed. Good grief, look at the calories and amount of fat.!!!
Mar 16, 2010
Love this recipe I hunted it down because I had misplaced it awesome that you have enough for another night.
Jan 7, 2010
I am a subscriber, have subscribed for years and years, have even published in Taste of Home. You do nothing but piss me off when you do this.Janetplanet
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.