Pesto Cheese Tarts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, mayonnaise, cheeses, pesto and pepper. Spoon heaping teaspoonfuls into tart shells. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 72 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 8, 2014
Used Greek Yogurt instead of Mayo, and also tried this as a dip instead of in phyllo dough. A hit both ways.
Jul 15, 2013
I was experimenting one day and made something like this. It was good but something was missing. Can't wait to go to the store, get the ingredients, and make it. Thanks a lot Jean Kern's, you just made my day!!!
Dec 18, 2012
Flavour, mediocre.Did not yield enough filling, and filling was not quite thick enough based on recipe measurements.
Aug 19, 2012
What a wonderful, easy recipe! I have made this many times and it's on the menu for our next party!
May 1, 2010
Thanks---these will work nicely with that homemade pesto I made! :)
May 1, 2010
Yummy and no could believe I made them. Not that I'm not a good cook, they just seemed proffesionally done!
Apr 25, 2010
Easy to make, and they disappeared quickly!
Oct 22, 2009
As much fun to make as they are to eat! I'm not good with phyllo but it worked for me. These tarts do disappear fast, so I recommend making a lot.
Oct 13, 2009
Every time I make these people beg me for the recipe! Very good and so EASY!
Dec 16, 2008
Very easy and super delicious! Always the first appetizer to completely disappear from the table.