Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- Dash pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 slices Havarti cheese (1 ounce each)
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pesto and pepper. Spread evenly over one side of each slice of toast. On two slices, layer with cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato; top with remaining toast.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 379 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 16g protein.
Oct 19, 2010
The flavor blend was very good (we left off the cheese), but not better than a regular BLT. If you think the fat is too much, use fat-free mayo, turkey bacon that is baked on a rack and not fried, and leave out the cheese.
Apr 16, 2009
23 grams of fat is too much for me- but it sounds so delicious.7veils