Persimmon Salad with Honey-Lemon Dressing
Sweet, bright orange persimmons are in season during winter. Put that beautiful fruit to perfect use in a green salad featuring nuts, cranberries, onion, feta and a homemade dressing.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (1 cup each)
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 4 persimmons, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup walnut halves, broken and toasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, arugula, persimmons, walnuts, cranberries and onion. In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, honey, allspice and salt. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Originally published as Persimmon Salad with Honey Spiced Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.