Persimmon Salad with Honey-Lemon Dressing
Sweet, bright orange persimmons are in season during winter. Put that beautiful fruit to perfect use in a green salad featuring nuts, cranberries, onion, feta and a homemade dressing.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (1 cup each)
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 4 persimmons, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup walnut halves, broken and toasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, arugula, persimmons, walnuts, cranberries and onion. In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, honey, allspice and salt. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Originally published as Persimmon Salad with Honey Spiced Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013