Persimmon Rice Pudding
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups ripe persimmon pulp
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine rice and persimmon pulp; set aside. Combine sugar, milk, flour, egg and vanilla; add to rice mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts and raisins.
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until pudding is set. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 235 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 31, 2009
I went to the store and bought everything to make persimmon cookies. This was my first experience with persimmons. I didn't have any baking soda so I was fortunate I found this recipe. I'd bought buttermilk for my cookies so I used it. It came out great. Nest time I will add some of the spices and salt when I cook the rice. You can use pumpkin or apple spice mix as well. I only used 1 cup of sugar. It came out great and everyone wants the recipe. Imagine!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.