Persimmon Breakfast Parfaits
Persimmon season is short compared to apples, oranges or pears. When they are in season this delightful fruit should be used as many ways as possible. Besides breads and salads, add some to your breakfast with this yummy yogurt parfait.—
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup mashed ripe persimmon pulp
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 medium Asian pear, chopped
- 2 cups granola
- 1 ripe persimmon, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Combine the yogurt, persimmon pulp, honey, ginger and cardamom. Spoon 1/4 cup into each of four parfait glasses. Top each with pear and 1/4 cup granola. Layer with 1/4 cup yogurt mixture, persimmon slices and remaining granola. Top with remaining yogurt mixture; sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and pistachios.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 445 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 15g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Persimmon Breakfast Parfaits in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.